Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

add another person to account and be able to view doorbell video

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
ebs2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have walked through the steps of adding another user but I'm not able to view the doorbell footage on their phone.  Do I have so add the device on their app?  What's the next step after user access has been granted?

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ebs2020,

When granting access, be sure you have toggled on the devices you wish to share with the secondary user. After the secondary users email address has been added to the Grant Access area on the primary users account, the secondary user will receive an email. Using the link in that email, that user must log in to their existing account, or create a new one. This will allow the shared device to be viewed on the secondary account.

For more information on how this is done, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

ebs2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

so the permission was granted and the second user signed in but the app prompts the user to setup the video doorbell on his phone.  Does the second user have to go through the setup process or should the video automatically show up on his app?

jefke23
Star
Star

I have the same issue.
I tried to give access to my wife, but i received the message saying ARLO is unavailable.

tried on chrome and android

ebs2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was looking to add outdoor cameras but if I can’t even add another user, it defeats the purpose of purchasing this system. What a shame because I like the features
jefke23
Star
Star
I hope it will be solved soon.
User1114
Aspirant
Aspirant
How does the friend get the doorbell on their app. It doesn’t show up. Do I need go into whole set up with their phone ?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

User1114,

Follow the instructions here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

nf_arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Similar issue. Granted Friend access to my wife so we can independently access Video doorbell.  Under the friend account my wife can access the video doorbell on her phone, however, doorbell button pushes only ring on my phone.

Is there a solution?

The workaround would be to use my account on both phones, but that somewhat defeats the purpose of friend accounts.

pdhart
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would really like this answer too.  My son set up the doorbell and gave me access but I don't receive push notifications and it does not allow me to set them up.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pdhart wrote:

it does not allow me to set them up.

Did your son give you "access rights"? https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...

@pdhart wrote:

but I don't receive push notifications

If push notifications are enabled in the master account, then you should be getting them too.  You might check the app settings on your device.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation