Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wow, this sucks. No video recording after 30 days.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jnop
Star
Star

Wow... just wow. I bought the Arlo doorbell because I thought it would work JUST like the Arlo 2. Nope. After 30 days you have to pay for recording, no thank you. I bought it for the express reason that I didn't HAVE to pay for recording. I could have bought a Ring and had the same outcome. 

Last Arlo camera for me. Thanks a lot! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You did read the specs/docs before buying, right? From the product page here:

• All Arlo Video Doorbells include 3 months of service. Arlo Smart service not available in certain countries. See www.arlo.com/ArloSmart for details.
  • Renewal of an Arlo Smart subscription is required to maintain Arlo Smart features, including cloud storage.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You did read the specs/docs before buying, right? From the product page here:

• All Arlo Video Doorbells include 3 months of service. Arlo Smart service not available in certain countries. See www.arlo.com/ArloSmart for details.
  • Renewal of an Arlo Smart subscription is required to maintain Arlo Smart features, including cloud storage.
frothingham
Guide
Guide

Same thing happened to me.  I had the original doorbell and a separate camera.  I sold them on ebay and bought the all in one.  Now my free 3 months is expired I am worse off then I was before the upgrade!  No camera at all now!  No more Arlo for me.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation