Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired video doorbell with 2 existing wired chimes.

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
rjmnjjs
Follower
Follower

This applies only to wired video doorbell.  Not wireless, nor audio doorbell.  This is referring to multiple, 2 existing wired chimes, not the wireless chimes.

After considerable time and frustration with support,  I am now informed explicitly that the wired Video Doorbell does not support installation in homes with more than one wired chime.

First I was told installing the chime power kit on one chime would make both work.  Then I was told that it will work with 2 chimes if each has a power kit, but I may need to replace the transformer because it will need more power.

When I called support to ask for the second power kit, I was told in no uncertain terms:  You can not use this doorbell with 2 wired chimes.   (We can't hear the upstairs chime from downstairs so this option doesn't work for us) They suggested removing one chime.  They informed me that the audio doorbell works with two chimes (though I didn't ask if that requires two power kits) but not the video doorbell.

I do find this hard to believe.  But eventually the support person conceded I needed to return the video doorbell.

Has anyone else actually received a second kit and made it work… which is what the second answer had been?

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation