Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired doorbell won’t detect motion

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Knicks365
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo wired video doorbells. Only one of them detects motion. I can’t figure out how to get the other one to detect motion. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Knicks365 wrote:

I have two Arlo wired video doorbells. Only one of them detects motion. I can’t figure out how to get the other one to detect motion. Please help.

Is the second doorbell armed?

Knicks365
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help.  I don’t know.  How do you arm it?  I can’t get the circle and three lines to flip between the WiFi and audio icon.  Ugh.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Knicks365 wrote:

Thank you for your help.  I don’t know.  How do you arm it?  

Are you seeing "Feed" and Dashboard" in the app?  Or are you seeing "Library" instead?

Knicks365
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see dashboard.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Knicks365 wrote:

I see dashboard.

Then your system has 3 modes - Arm Home, Arm Away, and Standby.  The mode that the system is currently in is the one you see in color on the dashboard screen.

If you move on to the "Routines" page you will see these three modes listed on the modes tab.  The mode the system is in will say "Active".

If you now press the ">" next to the active mode, you will see a list of rules.  The first thing to check is to see if there is a rule for the problem doorbell in the list.  If there isn't, then you need to add it.  If the rule is there, you should select it, and make sure that rule is set up to record when motion is detected.

There is more information on how this works in this knowledge base (KB) article:

Knicks365
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much! I am so happy to get an answer to this problem. I can’t thank you enough. I hope all is well with you and your loved ones and I hope you have a lovely upcoming holiday 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation