Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired doorbell Reset after removing from power

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pvd314
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed my wired video doorbell before realizing I should reset it.  I don't have access to wire it up again.  I have removed it from my account.  However, before I sell it, do I need to remove do a factory reset?  if so, how do I do this since it appears from the videos and description that I should have reset it before removing from power.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pvd314 wrote:

I removed my wired video doorbell before realizing I should reset it.  I don't have access to wire it up again.  I have removed it from my account.  However, before I sell it, do I need to remove do a factory reset?  if so, how do I do this since it appears from the videos and description that I should have reset it before removing from power.

The purchaser can do the reset before they onboard the camera -  you'll just need to make sure that they know how to do it.

Since it's not in your account, they won't be able to access your videos.  If you don't use a base station, it is still paired with your home wifi - but that is not a security risk for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pvd314 wrote:

The purchaser can do the reset before they onboard the camera -  you'll just need to make sure that they know how to do it.

Since it's not in your account, they won't be able to access your videos.  If you don't use a base station, it is still paired with your home wifi - but that is not a security risk for you.

pvd314
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok, thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation