Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Wired Video Doorbell keeps going off line.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cetta
Follower
Follower

My wired video doorbell keeps going off line.  When I try to reset it, I have to take it off the mount with the clip.  The problem is that it won't snap back into place.  Doesn't seem to be enough room.  Any suggestions on what to do?  The installer did not use the angled mount....now the wire extenders are broken because they never fit in.  Do I need to purchase a different mount and just by wire extenders at a hardware store?  Do I need a higher voltage transformer to keep it online? (I currently have a 16 volt trans

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cetta wrote:

Do I need a higher voltage transformer to keep it online? (I currently have a 16 volt trans

That might be the case - hard to say without more info.  16 volts is the minimum, and there could be some loss in the wiring.  What is the power rating (it should be either in amps or VA)?

@Cetta wrote:

The problem is that it won't snap back into place.  Doesn't seem to be enough room.  Any suggestions on what to do?  The installer did not use the angled mount....now the wire extenders are broken because they never fit in.  Do I need to purchase a different mount and just by wire extenders at a hardware store?

You might be able to create some sort of shim to create more space behind the doorbell.  Perhaps a small mounting block with cut outs for the wiring.

If the wire extenders are broken, then you can of course just replace them with ones you get at a hardware store or online.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation