Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Video Doorbell issues after power outage

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Laven
Aspirant
Aspirant

First of all let address Arlo's absence of customer support that I feel is disrespectful of its customers. THEY DON'T GET IT!!!!!!. CUSTOMER SERVICE BUILDS BRANDS!!!!!. If they don't correct this their days are numbered. Word of mouth and social media will kill them. 

THE ISSUE >> We had an outage last night that must have affected our 2 wired video doorbells. The power to the doorbells works but I can't get them to sync via the app. The process in the app required to get them to sync  has you go step by step through the whole connection process and wiring which is unnecessary because they are already wired. When you finally get to the part where you push the doorbell button to get the QR code to sync with the doorbell camera nothing happens. It won't sync. When I had this issues with the cameras I will reset them. I see no info on resetting the wired video doorbells. THis where the good customer support comes in. Arlo has no email, chat or phone support to get an answer.  That leaves this community site. Can anybody share how to re-set the wired video doorbells?

2 REPLIES 2
Laven
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found information  on resetting the doorbell faster on YouTube. However after going through all the steps listed here,  https://www.arlo.com/en_gb/support/faq/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell#:~:...    at least 5 times it still wouldn't reset. 

Unfortunately, I recommended Arlo to my brother-in-law, who lives nearby and ran into the same issue after the power outage. We couldn't get his doorbell to rest either today after the outage. Also his Essential Spotlight Video camera wasn't working. I tried to to reset it but it would connect either. I have 6 and reset them many times. I have no clue on what the issue is.

Does anybody know a work around to resolve this problem of resetting a wired video doorbell after an outage?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Remove the 2 wires behind the doorbell and hold down the reset for 15 seconds. Then reconnect the wires and do another reset. After the reset follow the steps within the link below:

https://www.arlo.com/en_gb/support/faq/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell#:~:...

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation