Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Wired Video Doorbell disconnected from my Base Station VMB4540 and I can't reconnect him

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Guy_ke
Follower
Follower

My Arlo system worked fine until today, when my Wired Video Doorbell disconnected from my Base Station VMB4540.

I've tried multiple times to connect my Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell with firmware 1.18.0.0_1478_6e6deea_6853d06 to my Base Station VMB4540r3 with firmware 1.21.0.0_1377_a58d08a including removal of doorbell from my account, factory reset of the doorbell, and run through the connection process.

It won't connect to the base station. (but if I try to connect him to the app without the Base Station VMB4540, via Wi-Fi only, there is no problem to connect him). 

No new firmware update was detected.

I have an android smartphone and the latest Arlo app version 4.3.5_28531.

I did the below processes for few times without any luck:

1. Reboot my Smarthub with a simple power reset, by disconnecting the AC power for at least fifteen seconds, then plug the power back in.
2. Perform a factory reset of the Video Doorbell ONLY. Insert a paperclip into the reset hole located on the back of the video doorbell, located between the power terminals. Pressed and hold the reset button with the paper clip for ten (10) seconds until the button on the front of the doorbell begins flashing quickly. Allow the doorbell approximately 45 seconds to boot back up and give a solid white light.
3. Try onboarding once again.

Anyone else have this issue to? Does anyone have a solution other than what I already tried?

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation