Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Doorbell no longer recording on my vmb400r3 base station

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FredHolz3572
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently replaced a video camera at my front door with a wired doorbell and after 30 days it no records nor stores any video on the base station. I don't use the subscription service. I just want the same storage I had on the camera I replaced it with the door bell.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FredHolz3572 wrote:

I recently replaced a video camera at my front door with a wired doorbell and after 30 days it no records nor stores any video on the base station. I don't use the subscription service. 

It sounds like the wired doorbell was opted into the trial subscription, and stopped recording in the cloud when the trial expired.

To record video on the VMB4000 base, the doorbell needs to be paired with the base.  To view local recordings on the VMB4000, you need to eject the USB storage and connect it to a TV.

@FredHolz3572 wrote:

I just want the same storage I had on the camera I replaced it with the door bell.

Likely that was a VMC3030 (original Arlo camera) , the VMC4030 (Pro), or a VMC4030P (Pro 2).  All those came with free 7-day cloud recording - and that free storage will be ending later this year.

The Video Doorbells never had free storage (Arlo stopped offering it on new camera models back in 2018 when they introduced the Ultra).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation