Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jillnwi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed the wired doorbell following the instructions on the app. It set up perfectly . It rang my phone, sent alerts and notifications, video and were clear, and rang the chime inside. It worked great for 15 mins. Then I got a notification that the doorbell was offline. I went out to check it and there were no lights on the doorbell at all anymore. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting all of the wired connections to make sure they were secure. I pushed the reset pin for 15 seconds Removed the doorbell from the app and tried to reinstall but of course the doorbell couldn’t be found now that it was not powered on. The transformer is a 24v and producing current at the doorbell. I read there was an internal battery that may need to recharge but after 24 hrs there are still no lights. still nothing .
I ended up exchanging for a new one thinking I may have a defective unit. I also bought a new doorbell chime and the original doorbells work no problem! Hooked up the new wired Arlo doorbell again following the app directions and same exact problem again. Worked perfectly for 15 mins and then went offline and all led lights off no power - remove put old doorbell back on works normal! I even tried logging off my WiFi and using LTE as another user suggested and nothing -
I don’t understand why this is not working?? Getting very frustrated to say the least.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jillnwi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Installed a new transformer 24volt ,30vac the doorbell is now getting 25.4 volts and working perfectly!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jillnwi wrote:
The transformer is a 24v and producing current at the doorbell. .

Did you measure the voltage at the doorbell? 

Jillnwi
Aspirant
Aspirant
The voltage at the doorbell is reading at 15.3, my guess is I need a new transformer
Jillnwi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Installed a new transformer 24volt ,30vac the doorbell is now getting 25.4 volts and working perfectly!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation