Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Doorbell Shows Offline But Isn't

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Motogopher
Tutor
Tutor

The app keeps giving me a message that my doorbell is offline. If I click on the message, there is no message. The message screen is blank. Once I saw the message disappear quickly. That's how I know what the message is. The doorbell is actually working and will display video. I believe this is also causing no video clips to be saved to the Feed since something thinks it's offline although it really isn't. I know I should have clips as my other overlapping cameras show activity and record their clips properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're using the user interface that uses Feed to view recordings, that's "normal". I say it that way because there's no way to dismiss those old notifications. Apparently at one time your doorbell was offline so the notification pops up. It will eventually clear itself off the screen if you wait several seconds but never goes away so every time you open the app, there it is. I've been told this is how it's supposed to work - I've replied that there needs to be a way to clear them or at least time out after a certain number of days.

At the moment, ignore them unless they stay there after several seconds - that would  indicate a new notification.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're using the user interface that uses Feed to view recordings, that's "normal". I say it that way because there's no way to dismiss those old notifications. Apparently at one time your doorbell was offline so the notification pops up. It will eventually clear itself off the screen if you wait several seconds but never goes away so every time you open the app, there it is. I've been told this is how it's supposed to work - I've replied that there needs to be a way to clear them or at least time out after a certain number of days.

At the moment, ignore them unless they stay there after several seconds - that would  indicate a new notification.

Motogopher
Tutor
Tutor

You're describing that perfectly. It was offline once. How very strange. I hope they get that fixed someday.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation