Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Grang
Tutor
Tutor
  • Hi everyone,

My 2nd gen Arlo Video Doorbell is up and running for about 2 weeks. I still haven‘t figured out the following:

can I avoid getting messages every second for one and the same movement/event? Walking up to the doorbell allone creates several messages. It‘s annoying. 

how do I connect it via my Base Station? When I add a camera, i get asked if I want to use my Base Station (VMB5000).

My aim is to add a chime and integrate the doorbell in Apple Homekit (unwired). I think the only way is through the base station. 

greetings

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Grang wrote:

how do I connect it via my Base Station?

You can't (yet).  Arlo is planning to add that feature, but hasn't said when.

@Grang wrote:

can I avoid getting messages every second for one and the same movement/event? Walking up to the doorbell allone creates several messages. It‘s annoying. 

What settings are you using for motion detection?

Grang
Tutor
Tutor

Thank your for your reply. 

I thinks I read something in a thread from may 2024 regarding HomeKit integration for Arlo Video Doorbell wire-free but I can‘t seem to find it again.

My setting: sensitivity 45, record until action is over (max 5 minutes) a which it doesn‘t, since it is stil in free trial and not connected to a base station). 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Grang wrote:

My setting: sensitivity 45, record until action is over (max 5 minutes) a which it doesn‘t, since it is stil in free trial and not connected to a base station). 

Try switching to a fixed recording time.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation