Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Vesper
Follower
Follower

Arlo needs to upgrade the doorbell features. Both Blink and Ring allow the video to automatically pop up and that’s the interface you interact with the doorbell. 

Arlo only allowing a phone call basically is a major oversight and counterintuitive to what a video doorbell should be doing. 

when a call is coming in, accessing the video feed manually takes a long processing time. The “phone call” should have a answering option of “Audio Only” or “Video”. 

people have been asking for this feature since at least 2020. Why has this major flaw never been corrected? 

we should also be allowed to set the automatically response time. 20 seconds for a voicemail prompt is too long of a wait. 

6 REPLIES 6
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We appreciate you reaching out to us in regard to a feature suggestion. I have passed this information on to our development team. 

WondrousHorizon
Aspirant
Aspirant

This apparently has been a long-requested feature and I wanted to check if it has been rolled out yet but I just can't find how to enable it.

Apparently Arlo is the only camera doorbell that doesn't use the camera to show you who is ringing your doorbell unless you answer the doorbell. 🤦‍♀️

This poses a big safety issue. We got the doorbell camera because we have harmful family members who sometimes stop by our house. We need to see who is at our doorbell before answering... which is half the point of having a video doorbell. When we answer, the doorbell stops ringing, indicating someone has picked up, and we don't want to have to do this to see who is there.

Anyone know if Arlo has finally enabled the feature to show video of who is ringing your doorbell on your phone's homescreen before you answer the doorbell?

mpaquette70
Tutor
Tutor

This has always worked for me.  I get a notification that there is movement at the door, the doorbell rings, I wait for the video to be available then I view it to see who is there.

ChefChaudart
Tutor
Tutor

Very very old request ....

Activating movement detection, as it triggered too many warning when your doorbell is in the front of a street ....

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @WondrousHorizon 

Thank you for providing this feedback. I will notify the appropriate team to suggest for a future enhancement. 

WondrousHorizon
Aspirant
Aspirant

While I appreciate it being passed along, this feature has been requested for years.

There is a huge thread from 2018 of hundreds of people requesting this feature. Its astonishing that this hasn't been implemented yet... especially when it is half the point of having a video doorbell.

I was astonished when I bought Arlo that I couldn't do this.

If it isnt implemented, I probably will be going with a different company when I replace this one (in addition to the horrible lag between movement and notification - the doorbell will often ring before I get a notice that a person has been detected on my property and I have a pretty long driveway).

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation