Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What Arlo smart hub or base station works with my AVD1001 wired doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BryceRusson
Follower
Follower

What Arlo smart hub or base station works with my AVD1001 wired doorbell? Wanting it, so that I can use it for HomeKit. I only have that one device. In order to get the smart hub or base station, do I have to pay a monthly subscription to get one? Or is the monthly subscription only for storing recording’s? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BryceRusson wrote:

Options are here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

@BryceRusson wrote:
In order to get the smart hub or base station, do I have to pay a monthly subscription to get one? Or is the monthly subscription only for storing recording’s? Thanks!

The subscription is only for storing recordings in the cloud. 

The base would also let you store recordings locally.  If you want that ability, the VMB4540 and the VMB5000 are the best options, as those two bases would let you access the recordings in the app (but not the browser).   With the other bases, you'd need to remove the USB storage from the base, and connect it to a PC.

Bases are hard to find right now, and often are overpriced as a result.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BryceRusson wrote:

Options are here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

@BryceRusson wrote:
In order to get the smart hub or base station, do I have to pay a monthly subscription to get one? Or is the monthly subscription only for storing recording’s? Thanks!

The subscription is only for storing recordings in the cloud. 

The base would also let you store recordings locally.  If you want that ability, the VMB4540 and the VMB5000 are the best options, as those two bases would let you access the recordings in the app (but not the browser).   With the other bases, you'd need to remove the USB storage from the base, and connect it to a PC.

Bases are hard to find right now, and often are overpriced as a result.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation