Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Videos capturing vehicles AND people are categorized as vehicle only.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
RustyWilliams
Follower
Follower
When a camera captures motion that includes a vehicle and a person, the video is categorized as having only a vehicle. If I filter videos for people, it will skip and videos where a car happens to pass by at the same time. Are your video algos not capable of recognizing more than one subject type in a single video? Its as if recognition searches for subjects in this order [packages, vehicles, people, pets], and just stops on the first result.
Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The classification tag is determined by the first identifiable motion within the triggered recording. For example, if a detectable vehicle moves into the cameras field of view and a recording starts, then a person exits that vehicle, the video will be identified as a vehicle detection as that was the original trigger.

Your feedback on multiple tags for this type of scenario is certainly valid. I will pass this along to the team for future consideration.

JamesC

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RustyWilliams wrote:
 It's as if recognition searches for subjects in this order [packages, vehicles, people, pets], and just stops on the first result.

They certainly only apply a single tag.  Not sure if the recognition is stopping on the first result, or if they have a prioritization scheme for determining the tag.

FWIW, I asked @JamesC about this (privately) a few days ago - still waiting for him to get back to me.  I think this does merit a KB article.

However they prioritize the classification in the notification, personally I would like to see them apply multiple tags in the library when they detect multiple objects. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The classification tag is determined by the first identifiable motion within the triggered recording. For example, if a detectable vehicle moves into the cameras field of view and a recording starts, then a person exits that vehicle, the video will be identified as a vehicle detection as that was the original trigger.

Your feedback on multiple tags for this type of scenario is certainly valid. I will pass this along to the team for future consideration.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation