Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
arlouser121119
Star
Star

Doorbell is hard wired, I assumed it will work like other Arlo cameras with look-back feature but turns out the recordings are delayed. Comparing the recordings from AVD to AU cameras, delay is exactly 10 seconds. Is there a plan to improve the 10 second delay?

11 REPLIES 11
moysauce
Initiate
Initiate
Getting this lag as well. I have this connected to a 2.5 ghz wireless network. My phone is using full strength lte. Why is there a lag? I shouldn't be paying for this.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you say the video is delayed, are you referring to the live stream? Can you give more detail about the delay you're experiencing?

JamesC

moysauce
Initiate
Initiate
Lag on the live stream.
arlouser121119
Star
Star

Both live stream and footage lag. All doorbell footage missed first 10 seconds of the captured motion, and sometimes it doesn't won't detect any motion at all.

pulsedrive
Initiate
Initiate

I just installed mine today and was noticing a similar issue.  There is a good six second lag in the video.  It was impossible to even have a conversation with the person at the front door while I was on the same wifi as the Arlo Doorbell. 

Tineke_C
Star
Star
I have the same issue. Someone rings the doorbell, my phone rings (along with everyone else’s — and their phones don’t stop ringing, even after I’ve already answered! But that’s another issue), I answer the call, and there’s a good “11-Mississippi”-second lag before the video shows up.
Has anyone used the other brands (Ring, Nest, etc), and had this issue? And do the other brands make a phone call?
arlouser121119
Star
Star

Was there an update to AVD? Delay seems improved by at least 3 seconds. Previous recordings were only able to show object moving past the doorbell away from FOV, however, today's recordings are able to show object entering FOV.

arlouser121119
Star
Star

Ugh, nevermind, delay is back. Today's footages only show object moving away from the camera view.

Panthermom
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue. I'll get the notice on my phone that motion is detected but when I open up the app the video is of the person walking away. There is a big lag on talking to someone too. I had a mail carrier ring the doorbell but when I answered it, she was leaving already and didn't hear me talking to her. Very frustrating. I don't think I'm going to keep the video recording feature once my trial is up because it is not working correctly anyway.

Poitah
Initiate
Initiate
Mine is an 11 second delay and only catches the mail man's back in the distance. Totally useless. Arlo can you please help us?
Pro-666
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Tineke_C wrote:
I have the same issue. Someone rings the doorbell, my phone rings (along with everyone else’s — and their phones don’t stop ringing, even after I’ve already answered! But that’s another issue), I answer the call, and there’s a good “11-Mississippi”-second lag before the video shows up.
Has anyone used the other brands (Ring, Nest, etc), and had this issue? And do the other brands make a phone call?

I get that a lot with my Ring video doorbell. Various delays to my phone on motion alerts. I've had the service for 3 years now.

I'll be home, we get a motion alert at the door, my separate Chime device seems to alert me right away. But sometimes it can be 10 to 20 seconds until I hear my cell phone alert me. I am really dissatisfied with Ring at the moment with all the false alarms I keep getting plus the missed deliveries and motions, even of me walking out picking up the package. Which is why I'm shopping around for another alternative video doorbell and led me to here researching Arlo (since CNET seems to love it).

So it would appear ALL "cloud" camera services can have delays and lags. Which is why I would really pay a lot of money for a video doorbell that could record locally and alert me using my reliable internet, instead of their unreliable internet.

Like they say, "Welcome to the cloud. Now hurry up and wait."

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation