Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Neil1923
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have  purchased an Arlo video doorbell - with direct power. I have now purchased an Arlo chime but it does not appear to work with the video doorbell!!! How can this be? What use is the chime if you cannot connect it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you read the FAQs here about the video doorbell and chime you'll see that the VMB4000 is compatible.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Both the chime and doorbell have to be connected to a hub or base for them to work together. If the doorbell is connected to your WiFi, you can't use the chime, just the app.

Neil1923
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will it only work with an Arlo hub or can I use a different brand? Regards Neil 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Has to be an Arlo hub - there are no others. I think it will also need to be at least the VMB4000 for this but you may want to check the product comparisons in the support area here for clarity.

Neil1923
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks   Can I be assured that if I buy an Arlo 4000 hub that my chime will ring when someone presses my video doorbell?  Regards Neil 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you read the FAQs here about the video doorbell and chime you'll see that the VMB4000 is compatible.

Neil1923
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  All working as you said it would. Regards Neil 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation