Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
DeeBoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I answer the video doorbell notification, I can hear the person at the door, but they can't hear anything, I say.

7 REPLIES 7
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@DeeBoo wrote:
....they can't hear anything, I say.

Anything you say on what?

A mobile phone of some sort? If so which?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DeeBoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Someone rings the bell. I answer from my phone. They can't hear me, but I can hear them (and sounds outdoors).
DeeBoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also, My phone is a Galaxy S10+.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DeeBoo wrote:
Also, My phone is a Galaxy S10+.

I haven't noticed this problem with my older S7, though the volume at the doorbell isn't all that loud.  You can test this yourself, though if you are using the phone too close to the doorbell you will get echo/feedback.

If you have a headset, it might be useful to test using that - especially if you are looking at the video while you are talking.

JGYISS
Initiate
Initiate

Really? This is incredible. The audio doorbell, version 1.2 that arlo released was worthless because the volume at the doorbell was so faint no one could hear you talking. Eventually they released a verson 1.3 purporting to make it better, but it's still unusable. Now they released a new video doorbell without correcting the uselessly faint speaker? 

Does anyone have this doorbell and think the speaker volume is usable?

arlo, really?????

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

When using a different mobile device or a PC with the web client, do you experience the same behavior? Is it only the galaxy device that has this issue?

JamesC

donavanbecker
Initiate
Initiate
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation