Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video doorbell stops detecting motion after 5pm

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dngdongwtswrng
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought my Arlo Video Doorbell on 08/26/2020. I didn’t install it for a week or so, so it’s only been hooked for about 2 weeks. I don’t have an existing doorbell, so it got hooked up to a transformer in the front of the house. Now it’s connected to a home base that came with my Arlo Pro 3. No issues until I noticed yesterday that it didn’t detect any motion after 5pm. I know for a fact that I walked in front of it as least twice and my roommate did too. Randomly started working about 8am this morning. Now the same thing today, after 5pm it doesn’t detect motion. Live view works fine. No issue with wifi quality. No firmware being updated currently. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dngdongwtswrng
Aspirant
Aspirant
I found where I change the “Armed” settings. It was set to only detect from 8am-5pm. I’ll keep an eye on it, but it should work now. Thank you!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using a schedule that may be using a mode without the doorbell having a rule or just the Armed mode? You may need to reset the doorbell and resync it to get it working properly.

Dngdongwtswrng
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven’t changed any of the settings since I first set it up. I don’t even know how to change that type of setting. I was having no issues until two days ago
Dngdongwtswrng
Aspirant
Aspirant
I found where I change the “Armed” settings. It was set to only detect from 8am-5pm. I’ll keep an eye on it, but it should work now. Thank you!!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation