Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jirk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Aside from having four Arlo Pro 2 cameras around my house, I also have the Video Doorbell. Recently, I have discovered that my doorbell isn’t actually recording anything and saving. I will, however, get notifications on my phone through the app. When I check them, it’s blank. The only cameras that are recording are the Pro 2 cameras around the house. I have a 64 GB USB for storage and figured that was full so I deleted all of the files on it to see if that worked. It didn’t. 

I did scroll through a few of the discussions and have seen talk about subscriptions. Would that be my issue? I am familiar with how to use the app and utilize the cameras and doorbell. Just not the extremely technical stuff. I guess one more question that may get a lot of backlash and judgment is, why do I need a subscription to even keep recordings on/for my doorbell?

4 REPLIES 4
Quidge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe a subscription is required. Which does seem a bit silly since you've got the ability to save locally.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only if you have a base station or hub that the doorbell is synced to. If connected to your router, cloud recordings are all you get which requires a subscription. Anything newer than the Pro 2 needs a subscription.

jirk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Would you happen to know if there is a way to purchase the subscription without the 16 digit code from the receipt? I’ve had the video doorbell for a while and since I didn’t know it required a subscription, I no long have the receipt.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jirk,

What code are you referring to? Subscriptions can be purchased after logging in to your Arlo account. For more information on subscription plans, take a look here:

What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation