Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell with Base Station Functionality

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
datadrifter
Tutor
Tutor

When I installed my video doorbell it was not compatible with my VMB4000 base station and Pro 2 camera so I installed the doorbell as a standalone product with the free 90 subscription. My free subscription has expired so I reinstalled the doorbell and connected it to the base station and found it will not record doorbell video, although the camera continues to record just fine. Some have said here that when the video doorbell is connected to the base station it does not work the same as a camera and will not record video unless I purchase a subscription. Additionally, I no longer can arm/disarm the doorbell and camera separately when it’s connected to the base station. If both of these issues are correct, what is the advantage of connecting the doorbell to the base station?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Without a subscription, the doorbell will only record to a USB drive plugged into the base.  You then have to safely eject the drive for viewing on a computer. Newer Smart hubs allow the app to be able to view the local recordings directly. I don't know when/if the VMB4000 will be added to the list.

As for scheduling, you must simply create appropriate custom modes for the various time periods you need. Read the FAQs here if not familiar with this process. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. Once you have as many modes as needed to cover all eventualities, use the schedule to automate switching.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation