Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
mrkwmsn
Tutor
Tutor

I've read the other solutions and have tried everyone to no avail. I have plenty of signal strength yet when my doorbell is searching the wifi on my iPhone blinks off. I tried my iPad and same thing happened. Everything goes well until search and then my wifi turns off. 

I've made sure I'm on 2.4 net work, no specials characters or spaces in SSID or pw, used router generated QR code. It's like the ARLO app or device is knocking my iPhone or iPad off the network. 

Anyone had same issue?

6 REPLIES 6
mrkwmsn
Tutor
Tutor

As an addendum, I just opened the ARLO Essential Spotlight Camera I purchased with the video Doorbell. 

No problems at all with the camera connecting and accessing my wifi network. I then retried the doorbell but same problem. The process kicks my cell phone off the wifif network. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mrkwmsn,

When you say the process kicks your cell phone off the WiFi network...what do you mean? Are you saying your WiFi connectivity is lost and mobile data is enabled during onboarding?

Are you able to try and onboard using a different device? Do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

mrkwmsn
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, wifi is disrupted(lost) and the device can't find the network. 

This happened on both iPhone and iPad. It is not a signal strength issue. It only happens when the doorbell is searching for a network. 

bhook74
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue with my set up. It doesn't just kick my phone off the network during set up, it kicks everything off the network. This was tested over 2 days with multiple attempts (and multiple angry kids kicking kicked off the wifi every time I tried to set this thing up). Never connects to the wifi network, just continuously kicks everything else off the network. Router is Netgear Nighthawk RAX40. I've tried reseting the device. The network info entered in the arlo app is coming from the router app directly (nothing being entered incorrectly).

I'm ready to return the doorbell as it clearly is not working. Any solutions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe it's a bad doorbell that needs to be swapped at the store?

bhook74
Aspirant
Aspirant
So, to close this out, I returned the wired doorbell, tried another one and experienced the same issue. I returned that Arlo unit, got a different brand of wired smart doorbell and connected immediately. Maybe it works for others but the Arlo did not work with my network while another brand did quite easily.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation