Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell not recognizing people or packages since I updated my subscription and cancelled the

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RiverOaks
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was running the video doorbell on the trial subscription. It was working as expected. Packages, people/person, motion all were detected and alerted. Now I only get motion alerts and recordings, and the AI doesn't decipher if it was person or package or animal. I updated my subscription to a paid plan which allows for it (I have Arlo 3 on the same plan and working fine).

Any ideas and thoughts? BTW - I can even select the door bell cam to set up package detection. It is not even an option.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RiverOaks,

Check your subscriptions to make sure your Arlo Video Doorbell is participating in your Arlo Smart plan. This can be done by navigating to Settings > Subscription > Manage Cameras

JamesC

RiverOaks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - verified - it is participating. All other subscription functions are working. Recording, alerts for motion, retention of videos etc. Only thing not working is the alerts are only for motion. Does not distinguish between person, animal or package.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RiverOaks,

Try switching off all of the toggles for Smart alerts, and then toggle back on. Test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

This can be done by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > Smart Notifications > select your Arlo Video Doorbell > adjust toggles

JamesC 

RiverOaks
Aspirant
Aspirant

I checked the settings and I see the Doorbell as 'inactive'. Not sure how to activate it for smart alerts? See capture image.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation