Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
gallantmp
Tutor
Tutor

I've had an Arlo Video Doorbell for a few months now. I have the Arlo skill enabled and linked in my Amazon Alexa account and have the Alexa settings such that when my Arlo doorbell is pressed, my Echo Dot device makes an announcement that there is someone at the front door and it also plays a sound (the sound is customizable and selected in the Alexa app). I noticed today when someone rang my doorbell that the Echo device doesn't make an announcement or play a sound. It has previously been working for the past few months. Anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent cloud update was released that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues with Arlo Video Doorbell announcing with Alexa.

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
castellan88
Guide
Guide

This happened to me yesterday too. Was working in prior weeks and all of a sudden stopped working yesterday.

joewebb82
Tutor
Tutor
My Echo devices show my Arlo Pro cameras fine but the "Waiting for Arlo..." error has come back again for the Video Doorbell.
kmooney87
Tutor
Tutor
This has also happened to me this week! Anyone managed to fix it yet? I’ve tried rebooting, removing from Alexa and re-adding, disabling and re-enabling the skill but still nothing!
gallantmp
Tutor
Tutor

Same here - I've rebooted everything, removed the doorbell from my Alexa account, disabled the skill from Alexa, and re-enabled the Arlo skill in my Alexa account. I basically reset everything to start the Alexa-Arlo linking from scratch to try and fix with no success. I at least now know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update once we have more information.

JamesC

gallantmp
Tutor
Tutor
orlando30
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same we really love that notification 🥺 from belvidere I’ll
Marcjl
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the update.

I just reported this to another thread that my google nest speakers stopped broadcasting that someone pressed my doorbell.

Hope this gets resolved soon.

kmooney87
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James,

Is there any update on this from Arlo? Without this feature my doorbell is deemed useless as I have no chime due to the voltage issues in the UK therefore will need to change to another brand. Thanks
castellan88
Guide
Guide
Mine all of a sudden started working again today. Maybe Arlo rolled out a fix? Would be nice if James can confirm
kmooney87
Tutor
Tutor
Yes mine also started working again today. Hopefully that means the issue has been fixed
gallantmp
Tutor
Tutor

I just checked, and mine appears to be working today as well, so hopefully this means the issue is fixed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent cloud update was released that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues with Arlo Video Doorbell announcing with Alexa.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation