Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Champs
Tutor
Tutor

I am trying not to be cynical but am I the only one who has noticed a substantial decline in the quality of Arlo products (that is the software and back end stuff) since they parted ways with Netgear?

I bought my original camera system some time ago now off the back of glowing reviews and recently purchased an Arlo bell which does everything other than allow for video calls to your phone when a visitor pushes the button which is the primary purpose one would have thought. I have engaged with support in relation to this issue but there are literally days between responses and on each occasion I am met with seemingly inane question after inane question - whats the serial number of this, where did you buy the product, when? I mean are we providing support or conducting a market survey? I get the distinction impression that the support interactions are being pointlessly drawn out to give nothing more than the perception of support.

The bottom line is it is obvious that this is a software/back end issue, it is effecting pretty much everyone who uses an iPhone and it has been dragging on for months

Likewise, this more recent bug where the camera or devices are not accessible when you open the app for anywhere between 10 seconds to 5 minutes which makes it impossible to follow up effectively on alerts. That now is also getting long in the tooth and there seem to be complaints all over these forums and Reddit about this - why hasn't this been fixed?

Frankly, I am at the point of considering making a complainant to the local regulatory body, in particular in relation to the Arlo video bell, which effectively has not worked out of the box. 

Is it just me?

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Champs,

Do you have a ticket number for your support case? I'd like to take a look and escalate if needed.

JamesC

Champs
Tutor
Tutor
Hi there

tkpaul
Guide
Guide

I've also been dragged through over three months of the same support messages over and over...am also looking into formal complaint. Five minute or more delays, can not use video call feature, etc...in the end, after I do all of the many troubleshooting steps over and over, support always says that this is normal for the video bell.

Champs
Tutor
Tutor

Still cannot get this feature to work with any reliability works about 1 in 15 times, rest of time grey screen remains (audio does not work sometimes either). The issue is not connectivity or permissions in IOS as I have no issue connecting and streaming video and audio through the app - appears to be an issue with the call functionality.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Champs,

Has this always been an issue? What model iOS device do you have and who is the provider?

JamesC

Champs
Tutor
Tutor

Hi yes it has never worked properly iPhone 11

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation