Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Floger
Tutor
Tutor

Good day. I was rather excited to install the doorbell as my Arlo 2 cameras have been working fairly decent.

Fast forward to two days ago.....video went black, but audio was available. Devices used; iPad Air 2, Pixel 3a phone and laptop. All had the black screen. My Arlo 2 cameras are connecting and working as they should on all devices.

The WiFi signal shows two bars of 3 bars which hasn't changed since I installed it. It was working fine for about week. The base unit is right above on the next floor up which is roughly 15 feet. I have opened ports 443 and 80 as suggested on my router with no correction. The doorbell takes FOREVER to connect and when it does the screen is black.

I have removed the device and reinstalled it. Nada. I switched resolutions. Nada. I've tried using data rather than Wifi. Nada. Did a factory reset. Nada. 

I called customer service and was told after explaining everything above they would send me a new one. Lovely.

3 options were given 

1. return the defective product...when they receive the unit, a replacement would be sent out I HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING

2. a replacement unit would be sent out...when received, I return the defective one FOR A FEE

3. an expedited unit would be sent out next day FOR MORE OF A FEE

The representative said she would try and have the shipping fee waived. That's the current status. 

Update to come......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floger
Tutor
Tutor

*Update*

Well, Arlo came through and shipped me a new unit as promised. No charge and prepaid return as promised. I hooked the new one up in a jiffy and bam...so far so good. Thank you Arlo. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Floger,

Try reducing the resolution within your Arlo Video Doorbell settings. Do you experience the same behavior?

You can find this setting by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo Video Doorbell > Video Settings > Video Resolution

JamesC

Floger
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you. Do you read customers comments before you respond?
Switching resolutions was already done.

Thanks anyway
Floger
Tutor
Tutor

*Update*

Well, Arlo came through and shipped me a new unit as promised. No charge and prepaid return as promised. I hooked the new one up in a jiffy and bam...so far so good. Thank you Arlo. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation