Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
StuMach
Follower
Follower

Hi,

My wife likes to hang out by the security cameras. Between 6:04 and 6:14, I received 17 text messages letting me know of her relative lack of responsibilities while I was chained to my desk producing widgets for the global machine. Is there a way to disable alerts or disarm the devices and have them automatically rearm after a configurable amount of time? I don't think I can use geofencing since she's hovering just outside the door. I'd also rather not get into IFTT. If this is a capability that the base station provides, I'm sold (currently all wireless devices and no base station). If it's not possible without going outside the ecosystem, please add it to the backlog or intro me to a PM so I can provide a dozen or so user stories.

TIA,

Stu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @StuMach

You also might be interested in using this feature. It will not disarm your cameras, but you can at lest silence some notifications for a set amount of time. What is the Mute Notifications feature and how do I use it?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, no way to have a timed "disarm" without using the schedule. That could work if the wife's outdoor dallying is always at the same time but that seems unlikely. You would need to manually disarm the cameras or switch to another mode that at least doesn't send notifications and then remember to switch it back later. A possible solution is to have her do this but training and remembering would be needed. My wife kinda sorta does this but is still in the "training and remembering" phase after months.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @StuMach

You also might be interested in using this feature. It will not disarm your cameras, but you can at lest silence some notifications for a set amount of time. What is the Mute Notifications feature and how do I use it?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation