Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Reproman
Star
Star
Currently, Silent Mode on the Video Doorbell turns off both the chime and the phone call when someone presses the doorbell button. I would like to selectively turn off the phone calls, which are very annoying when I am at home, but maintain the chime for obvious reasons. Currently, there does not seem to be any way to do this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reproman
Star
Star

Thanks so much for the suggestion. We were not looking forward to the constant calls to both of our phones when guests arrived for our Super Bowl party on Sunday.

For others on this thread with an iPhone, the solution is to search for a doorbell call in "Recents" and tap the "i" next to the date of the call. From there, you can "Create a new contact" named "Arlo Video Doorbell" and  change the Ringtone setting  for that contact to a different ringtone or alert tone, e.g., Bamboo.

For the Arlo team, this should be incorporated into Settings in the Arlo app, along with the option to stop the calls but maintain the chime.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Reproman,

Currently, silent mode turns off calls and the chime. There is no feature at this time that silences only calls.

JamesC

Reproman
Star
Star

Hopefully, Arlo will allow users to elect to stop the calls separately from the chime in Silent Mode. Both my phone and my wife's phone ring with a doorbell press and it is quite annoying, especially when we are home.

Larry-B
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you have an iPhone you can change the ring tone for the ARLO call to a quieter ring tone. We use a ring tone called Bamboo. It is much quieter than most of the other ring tones.  Hope this helps...

Reproman
Star
Star

Thanks so much for the suggestion. We were not looking forward to the constant calls to both of our phones when guests arrived for our Super Bowl party on Sunday.

For others on this thread with an iPhone, the solution is to search for a doorbell call in "Recents" and tap the "i" next to the date of the call. From there, you can "Create a new contact" named "Arlo Video Doorbell" and  change the Ringtone setting  for that contact to a different ringtone or alert tone, e.g., Bamboo.

For the Arlo team, this should be incorporated into Settings in the Arlo app, along with the option to stop the calls but maintain the chime.

SccrGroundhog02
Initiate
Initiate

Yes! When will you allow the option to deactivate incoming call, while allowing standard chime from doorbell to engage while home. Please make it an option!

Thank you!

elisabetz
Initiate
Initiate

My husband is an authorized user on our video doorbell: I want him to be able to see all the videos... but he's at work most of the time, and I'm a SAHM... we have kids ringing our doorbell all the time while he's at work... I need *his* phone to not ring, and my phone *to* ring (although, it'd be nice if it didn't ring when I was at home)... and the doorbell to ALWAYS ring, unless I put it on silent! (and I'd LOVE to be able to set the chime to 'quiet hours' so it automatically went into 'silent mode' between set hours of the day - which would be GREAT for moms of babies - doorbell CAN'T ring during nap time) I'm hoping there's a "disable calls" toggle soon, but is there a way we can get him to view video but not get calls? (I saw lots of questions asking how TO get calls so I'm assuming there's a way! - even if he can't 'edit' videos)

Danielito
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you have an iPhone, try going to the list of recent calls, find the Arlo Doorbell, click on the "I" in the circle then in the caller info screen scroll down to "Block this Caller." (You can always un-block the bell from the Settings app). Works?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation