Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell - Caution!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
frothingham
Guide
Guide

Ordered the new doorbell when I saw it advertised to replace my audio doorbell and Arlo pro camera.  Once it was working I sold my old equipment for little or nothing.  I just logged into my account and realized I was on some sort of a trial and when it expires I will no longer be able to see/record videos from the doorbell.  I never would have upgraded had I known I'd end up with less.  Bad deal Arlo. 😡

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Video Doorbell comes with a 3 month free trial of Arlo Smart, which enables you to store videos in the cloud for up to 30 days. After the included 3-month trial expires, you can continue to benefit from the features off Arlo Smart by subscribing to an Arlo Smart plan. For more information on Arlo Smart plans, take a look here: Arlo Smart Plans

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Video Doorbell comes with a 3 month free trial of Arlo Smart, which enables you to store videos in the cloud for up to 30 days. After the included 3-month trial expires, you can continue to benefit from the features off Arlo Smart by subscribing to an Arlo Smart plan. For more information on Arlo Smart plans, take a look here: Arlo Smart Plans

JamesC

frothingham
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the reply but I wasn't looking for an opportunity to subscribe to a fee based service.  I was happy to replace a doorbell and camera combination for a newer, all in one solution.  BUYER BEWARE!  It's a scam.

RickbigDeal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the warning, I was about to buy 2 of them to replace RING at 2 different homes. I sure as heck would NOT buy this if its no different than the Ring POS I am replacing. If it does NOT sync with my PRO base station and allow the videos to be recorded onto the USB port and have free 7 day rolling like the camera it is just as worthless as RING. I have 2 houses and don't need to get nickel/dimed by another cloud service. ARLO you should identify this clearly in your advertisements. I WONT BUY UNTIL YOU MAKE IT SYNC WITH THE BASE STATION AND SMARTHINGS AND HAVE AT LEAST 7 DAY ROLLING. Otherwise its just a scam like the RING which alerts me only after significant delay and I never see who was at my door. 

frothingham
Guide
Guide

Rickbigdeal,

I called and got permission to return it but decided to suck it up because I already sold my audio doorbell and camera.  I'm hoping someday Arlo will understand thier misdirection and make it right.  Otherwise I will look for other options as time goes on.

Scott941
Initiate
Initiate

Well my free trial has ended and the Doorbell is now exactly like the button I had initially before the upgrade.  I'll never recommend Arlo for anything after this scam.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation