Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video DB shows offline. Worked for 3 days now won’t connect

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
caliphat71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Need help. Installed and it worked fine. Running off the Arlo hub like my other Arlo pro cameras for a few days. I added another pro and then it went offline. Reset it several times and it found it. Worked for a split second then nothing. I’m on the plan so I can have enough cameras. I have 5 pros going. Is it a bandwidth issue? Thanks for any help. 

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
Are you trying to live stream all your cameras at the same time?
The limit for live streaming is 5 cameras at same time, including the door bell camera regardless of subscription status.
You’re account is limited to 5 cameras without subscription.
caliphat71
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got suckered into a subscription and it still doesn’t work. I looked at some Amazon reviews, and apparently the arlo doorbell isn’t compatible with some base stations. Totally ridiculous. How can you make such a product? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@caliphat71 wrote:

I got suckered into a subscription and it still doesn’t work. I looked at some Amazon reviews, and apparently the arlo doorbell isn’t compatible with some base stations. 

The compatibility list is here:   https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility You can also connect the doorbell directly to your home WiFi.

I'm puzzled by the subscription comment, since the doorbell install would automatically have opted you into a 3 month trial.  Arlo support would not have have charged you (assuming you reached them and not a scammer).  https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

caliphat71,

Is there any LED behavior on the doorbell when you press the button?

JamesC

caliphat71
Aspirant
Aspirant

No.  I only live stream one at a time.  It won't connect even when there is no live streaming. 

caliphat71
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's compatible according to the list.  I connected to my wifi and it worked for a day, then went offline again. 

caliphat71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  It connects just fine.  It lights and responds just like the installation instructions say it does. I have done it at least a dozen times.  It works then goes offline after a few days when on the Arlo hub and in one day after connected to WiFi. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation