Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Very slow response

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JohnCNA
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the wired essential doorbell ADV1001Ar1. 2 with the latest firmware and a Chime2. Samsung S22+ with Android 12. Pressing the doorbell takes 4-5 seconds before the chime sounds. The app pops up on my phone and I press Accept to see the video feed. It takes 20-30 seconds to see the video and interact with the person. This is really unacceptable. I upgraded the power transformer and show 19v under load. Doorbell is only 20 feet from our router and I show 5 bars of Wifi on my phone standing outside the front door. I get close to 100 mb on the 2.4 network from a 350mb feed to the house. My first doorbell failed and Arlo replaced it. Of course I have removed and reinstalled the app, restarted the router numerous times, etc. As a reference, I have a Nest thermostat, garage door opener and 2 basic baby cams and those apps can access their feeds in one second. What else can I look at in order to get acceptable performance from this doorbell?
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JohnCNA,

Do you see any difference in behavior when your mobile device is connected to your WiFi or mobile data? If your mobile device is connected to one or the other, is accepting the call quicker?

What does the signal strength icon show for the doorbell?

JamesC

JohnCNA
Aspirant
Aspirant
Doesn't seem to make an appreciable difference if my phone is on the 2.4 or 5 Ghz WiFi. I haven't tested on cellular only.
Both the doorbell and Chime2 show full strength WiFi.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try mobile data just as an experiment to see if you still experience the same delay.

Also worth noting, is this an inconsistent issue or does it always happen, (are you able to reproduce this 100% of the time?)

JamesC

JohnCNA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mobile only is about the same.

Once connected, there is about a 4 second delay in the audio, which makes an actual conversation difficult. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation