VMB4500 usb not connecting to library

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fmustang
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base station and camera are connected and the USB is recording. The problem is you cannot view the recordings from the library. Tech Support insists that my model is not compatible with the library in the app or online. This sounds contradictory, People in this chat a referring to the library with this model number all the time.
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fmustang wrote:
My base station and camera are connected and the USB is recording. The problem is you cannot view the recordings from the library. Tech Support insists that my model is not compatible with the library in the app or online. This sounds contradictory, People in this chat a referring to the library with this model number all the time.

You don't say what camera you are using.

Older cameras (Pro, Pro 2 among others) have 7-day free cloud storage.  Newer cameras (Ultra, Pro 3, Pro 4, Essential, doorbells) don't have that, and require either a subscription for cloud storage, or a smarthub that supports direct access to local storage.

The two smarthub models are VMB4540 and VMB5000.  The VMB4500 is not a smarthub, and doesn't support direct access to local storage.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation