Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
trippinbillies4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

I keep getting push notifications from the Arlo app when a car drives in front of our house, even though I have set up activity zones to prevent this. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, deleting and redoing the activity zones on both the app and web, and tech support even had me remove the device from our system and factory reset it then start over, problem still remains.  

arlo2.jpg

arlo1.jpg

This is a video I got a notification for.  I have the doorbell as Active in smart notifications and have turned vehicles off. I have also tried it without the camera being in smart notifications, same problem.  Under modes, I have "Armed", and the rule is "if motion on front door" "record video" and "push notification" is checked.  I can turn the sensitivity up or down, doesn't make a difference.

What am I screwing up, or is this a bug?  My goal is to only record video and send a notification when motion is detected within the activity zones.  I can deal with recording all motion but only sending a notification when it's in an activity zone.  

Overall I've been less than impressed so far both with the product and the tech support. Hoping we can get this worked out!

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Activity zones aren't working with my video doorbell either.  I suggest contacting support (so they will have another case open).  That will hopefully raise the priority of getting it fixed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo recently deployed a cloud update enhancing Activity Zone accuracy. This should improve the experience for users reporting symptoms of motion detection alerts and recordings occurring outside of their defined Activity Zones. We are continuing to monitor Activity Zone behavior and will provide additional enhancements in the coming weeks.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation