Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Ump-Randy
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wired video doorbell crapped out, and I replaced it with the same model. After everything was completed, the new one showed a trial subscription and wouldn't let me transfer my current subscription from my old, defunct doorbell to my new one. I followed the instructions to a "T," but when I accessed the "Manage Cameras" page, absolutely NO cameras showed to move; that is, there were no cameras present to drag and drop. That's where I'm currently stuck. Right now I can't move forward with this subscription transfer. BTW, after I tried all the aforementioned efforts, figuring someone might suggest to redo the setup, I did just that and more, including a complete reset and the entire installation again.

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you looking in the app?  Or browsing to my.arlo.com on a PC?

Ump-Randy
Aspirant
Aspirant

It doesn't matter, because in BOTH situations there is no camera showing. Therefore, I'm unable to drag and drop the new camera (doorbell) to my current subscription. The only thing that shows is the 3-month free trial. Normally, I'd just go with that one, but my current subscription is still running, and I can't even cancel THAT. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ump-Randy wrote:

It doesn't matter, because in BOTH situations there is no camera showing. Therefore, I'm unable to drag and drop the new camera (doorbell) to my current subscription. The only thing that shows is the 3-month free trial. Normally, I'd just go with that one, but my current subscription is still running, and I can't even cancel THAT. 

Does your user interface show "Library"?  Or does it show "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Is the video doorbell your only camera?

Ump-Randy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20230606_063236_Arlo Secure.jpg

Here's what it shows. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ump-Randy wrote:

Here's what it shows. 

Not what I asked actually. 

Are you seeing "Library" on the main app screen?  Or are you seeing "Dashboard" and "Feed"?

Ump-Randy
Aspirant
Aspirant

How would I get to the page where that information would be showing? If I go to Settings, I then have an extensive list of options, none of which is what you are alluding to. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ump-Randy wrote:

How would I get to the page where that information would be showing? 

It's at the bottom of the very first screen after you log in.

This for Library:

library.png

And this for Feed:

feed.png

Ump-Randy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Duh! I hate it when I get brain farts on easy questions or tasks. 🙄

Here's a screen shot taken this morning (ignore the maid service at the door, LOL). 

Screenshot_20230606_104631_Arlo Secure.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, so you have the older "Library" UI. I asked because the new "Feed" one will automatically transfer the trial subscription to your paid one when the trial ends.

You could cancel the trial, and then drag the doorbell into the subscription plan.  But there are users who have reported bugs when they tried to do this, so maybe just leave the trial in place for now instead.

When/if you cancel the trial, I suggest doing that on a PC.

Ump-Randy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Stephen. I appreciate your assistance on this. I wonder, BTW, if it would help to get in touch with Arlo's phone support. They have weird hours, though: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific time. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation