Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to play Arlo video doorbell camera video in the Arlo app.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
gjbquist
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo video doorbells set up on my house (front and back doors).  Everything has been working great with no problems.  However, yesterday my rear door Arlo Video Doorbell stopped allowing me to view video from within the Arlo app.  What is bizarre is that the front door Video Doorbell videos play just fine within the app.  Both cameras are set up identically.  Both cameras appear to be working just fine.  I can view both cameras live from a Windows PC. I can share a link to any recordings by email and see them without any issues.  But if I try to watch a live video feed from the rear doorbell camera I get a black image.  If I view a previously recorded video from the rear doorbell I get an initial frame that shows the beginning of the footage and then it immediately turns white with no image while the app continues to play the recording. Both cameras are set up under my Arlo login. I tried resetting the rear doorbell camera. I tried removing it and adding it back in. I tried messing with various settings.  (edit: I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Arlo app.) Everything about the camera appears to be working, but the app wont play the video properly.  Again, weirdly, my front doorbell camera videos play just fine within the Arlo app.

What the heck?

Greg

PS I am using a Samsung Note 10+ and my wife is using a Samsung s9+.  This problem is the same with either phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gjbquist,

Within your Arlo Video Doorbell video settings is the image cropped? If so, try zooming all the way out (so the entire field of view is visible) and test again to see if you experience the same issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gjbquist,

Within your Arlo Video Doorbell video settings is the image cropped? If so, try zooming all the way out (so the entire field of view is visible) and test again to see if you experience the same issue.

JamesC

gjbquist
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is brilliant!  I just moved the cropped area around and then returned it to where I need it and it solved the problem.  Obviously this will probably come up again but I at least know how to correct it.  (The doorbell camera picks up a lot of wall that I don't want in the video feed.)

Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This isn't expected behavior, there is an issue right now that causes this when cropping the image, we should have a fix available soon.I'm glad to hear the workaround fixed the issue and thanks for the confirmation.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation