Troubleshoot installation ADV1001 - Wired Video Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
wsand00
Follower
Follower

Question: I need trouble shooting help installing my Arlo Essential Doorbell ADV1001. I followed the instructions. I verified my transformer is 16-24 VAC. I installed the power module to my Digital Chime module on Nutone IM3003. I connected the Arlo doorbell but when I turned on the power to configure the Arlo, my chime module kept ringing in continuous cycle. I turned off the power and removed Arlo and power module and connect everything the way it was and now my Nutone doorbell will not work. Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
kristy236lewis
Aspirant
Aspirant

@wsand00 wrote:

Question: I need trouble shooting help installing my Arlo Essential Doorbell ADV1001. I followed the instructions. I verified my transformer is 16-24 VAC. I installed the power module to my Digital Chime module on Nutone IM3003. I connected the Arlo doorbell but when I turned on the power to configure the Arlo, my chime module kept ringing in continuous cycle. I turned off the power and removed Arlo and power module and connect everything the way it was and now my Nutone doorbell will not work. Please help!

It sounds like you're having a challenging time with your Arlo Essential Doorbell installation. Let's troubleshoot this step-by-step:

1. Power Supply Check: Ensure your transformer is indeed providing the correct voltage (16-24 VAC). You can use a multimeter to double-check this. If it’s outside this range, it could cause issues.

2. Wiring Connections: Double-check all the wiring connections to the power module and the chime. Make sure the wires are securely attached and that there are no loose connections.

3. Digital Chime Compatibility: Confirm that your Nutone IM3003 chime is compatible with the Arlo doorbell and the power module. Some digital chimes may not work properly with smart doorbells.

4. Power Module Position: Ensure the power module is correctly connected to the chime. Sometimes, it might need to be installed in a specific way to prevent issues like continuous ringing.

5. Resetting the Chime: After removing the Arlo and power module, try resetting your chime. This may involve turning off the power to the chime for a few minutes and then turning it back on.

6. Test the Chime: Before re-connecting the Arlo, check if your Nutone chime works properly on its own. If it still doesn’t work, there may be an issue with the chime itself or the original wiring.

7. Reinstalling Arlo: If your chime works fine after these checks, you can attempt to reconnect the Arlo and the power module. Follow the installation steps closely, ensuring that all connections are correct.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wsand00 wrote:

The IM3003 is a doorbell+intercom.  It's not compatible with Ring, so probably not compatible with Arlo either.  (Unfortunately Arlo does not have a compatibility list).

Unfortunately you might have damaged the Nutone.  I suggest checking the power at the doorbell using a meter, and see if you are getting any power there.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation