Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Traditional Chime Setting Shows Not Connected -- Fiirmware is up-to-date

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Makalu
Initiate
Initiate

Traditional Chime was tested and worked when first installed less than a week ago.  Tried to fix on the app, as recommended, but on app and computer it shows up as "not connected" in both the IOS app and the web.  Electrician replaced the old doorbell transformer when installing the Arlo, and all the other functions work fine. The firmware is up-to-date.  What is the issue?  Do I need to reinstall the app?  Will the QR code work again to reinstall the Arlo on the app?  Will reinstalling deactivate my 3-month trial? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Makalu
Initiate
Initiate

Just in case anyone else is having the same issue, the way I resolved the issue was to remove the device (no need to use the release pin or find a "reset" button) and go through the app again to bring up the QR Code to reinstall the device.  During set-up I had the option to test the mechanical chime and it worked fine.  Reinstallation did not affect my 3-month trial, but the troubleshooting and guess-work did ruin a perfectly good Friday night.  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Makalu wrote:

Traditional Chime was tested and worked when first installed less than a week ago. 

I'm a bit  confused by what you mean by "not connected".  Settings for traditional chime are "mechanical", "digital", and "none".  The doorbell doesn't sense whether the chime is connected or not.

• Are you talking about the Arlo Chime or Chime 2???
  • Can you attach a screenshot?
  • Also, does the chime ring when you press the doorbell?
Makalu1
Aspirant
Aspirant
It does not give me the option to connect to a mechanical chime.
Makalu1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Makalu1
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is the problem, the chime doesn't ring now when I press the doorbell.  It did ring when tested on the day of installation.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this the AVD1001 (wired)  or the AVD2001 (battery)?

Makalu1
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you enable the mechanical chime using my.arlo.com?

Makalu1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Makalu
Initiate
Initiate

Just in case anyone else is having the same issue, the way I resolved the issue was to remove the device (no need to use the release pin or find a "reset" button) and go through the app again to bring up the QR Code to reinstall the device.  During set-up I had the option to test the mechanical chime and it worked fine.  Reinstallation did not affect my 3-month trial, but the troubleshooting and guess-work did ruin a perfectly good Friday night.  

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation