Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
wkgeneral
Tutor
Tutor

just got the video doorbell and installed earlier today. The thing is pretty awesome but I must say that there is too much going on all at once. The (Loud) doorbell rings, Arlo sends an alert notification and then it calls my phone. All I need is the doorbell to ring and the arlo notification. The phone call is way too much and there needs to be a way to turn if off. I should be able to just use the microphone from the app and not have to accept a call. Other pet peeves 0 1) I don't think zone works very well with any camera - arlo still picks up cars way out in the street and sends alerts for things outside the activity zone, even with sensitivity lowered way down.... 2) the lag time on my arlo system is killing me, I have the fastest home internet speed you can get and it still takes 10 - 60 sec to connect. I wanted to use this thing to alert me of delivery vehicles so I can get to my dog before he scares people away. By the time I get a notification they are driving away without delivering the package because my dog scares them away.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wkgeneral,

The development team is looking in to some of the issues you're reporting regarding delays and activity zones. If you don’t want to receive calls when a visitor presses the doorbell, you can select Silent Mode for the doorbell and turn off incoming calls. (Open the Arlo app and tap the doorbell to view or change these settings.)

JamesC

arlouser121119
Star
Star

I agree calling our phones when doorbell is pressed is ridiculous, it is driving us crazy. People at the door can always press the doorbell again to get our attention, but AVD is overdoing this by calling all of our phones. I also own Nest and Ring doorbell, but AVD is the worst doorbell I've used.

StakIt
Tutor
Tutor

Turning on the silent mode is also muting the chime. I want Chime but no Call. Theres no slider option under the silent mode before or after enabling it. MAJOR disappointment. Probably worth returning based on this alone. 

SamSecurity
Initiate
Initiate

I agree.  Should be able to decide which of the alert methods are preferred, even basing them on time or geofence.  May want just doorbell chime when home, but alert  when not home. 

I would like to turn off the phone ring alert completely as that is no use to me.  If the phone ring is required, there should be a simple way to change the number so I can route it to a different phone if needed.

tbeaulieu
Aspirant
Aspirant

New to Arlo. Not 100% thrilled with the ultra kit so far, but giving it a chance. Do NOT like my Ring doorbell and came here to see what the consensus is for the AVD. Guess I'll hold off and stick with the known issues I have with Ring for the time being. Thanks.

StakIt
Tutor
Tutor
Silent mode kills both video call and chime. Need toggles to select which of the two to silence, or both. Just work like a Doorbell!
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation