Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Too many recordings

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ScottyK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Maybe this is normal/expected behavior, but I wanted to ask. I have activity zones configured that don't include the street. And I have "vehicles" deselected for Motion Alerts. But we're getting video recordings of every car that drives past the house. My wife is also getting alerts on her phone for those, but I'm not getting notifications on my phone for drive-bys (which is what we prefer).
Is it normal for the doorbell to capture those recordings, even if the motion is outside the activity zones and vehicles are deselected?
Screenshot_20220311-075855.png
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Does it still do this if you remove zone 3?

ScottyK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll give that a try, Stephen B.  That zone doesn't extend out into the road, but I'll try it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ScottyK wrote:

I'll give that a try, Stephen B.  That zone doesn't extend out into the road, but I'll try it.

It looks fairly close in the screenshot, so I thought it worth a try.

I will get out-of-zone vehicle recordings at night on my cameras sometimes.  That is linked to headlight (or emergency lighting) glare - which can trigger the camera if it reaches the PIR sensor.  I've also sometimes had recordings triggered from window reflections - though I don't see how that could happen with your field of view.

ScottyK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still getting recordings of drive-bys with that zone deleted. I also decreased the sensitivity down to 64%. I may decrease it a bit more to test.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation