Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Subscription - Arlo Video Doorbell no 7 day recording

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JAden66
Initiate
Initiate

I have read a few topics on this forum in regards to the subscription for the new video door camera and there seems to be a general concensus that people are not happy with it. I have one of the original Arlo systems with two cameras. I am building a new house and was looking to upgrade to the new 4k cameras plus a video door camera. So looking to spend close to 2k AUD with Arlo. I was very happy with the free 7 day recording that you get with the camera's. This has swaed my decision to come back to Arlo and upgrade my system.   I was super keen on the new video door bell. BUT, you do not get the free 7 day recording after the 'free' trilal period wears of. Sad, but I will spend my money else where now Arlo. I know I am a small prawn, but looking at the many posts there are many small prawns which add up! 

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

IMO, yes... there should be at least a few days of free recordings for all cameras including newer.

BUT, I don't control any of the marketing for these cameras and also I can understand how the pricing setup works in today's world. Nothing is generally free. (  BTW, not an Arlo employee )

But, you do have an option to use all the cameras like Pro/Pro2/Q/Baby... as these cameras do work well and all have 7 day free storage.... And while not a door bell camera, The Q camera uses pixel detection and works great thru glass ( unlike the others )... I have one thru  a double pane Andersen window and it picks all on my sidewalk, etc.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JAden66
Initiate
Initiate

Good idea TomMac,

I am still reading heaps of reviews that the paid subscription is letting this doorbell down. They rave about the doorbell but not the subscription. Skybell looks the go. 

Even if Arlo did 1 day of cloud recording they would be on a winner!

jonathanelrod
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not happy with this as well. I just noticed my doorbell wasn't recording, but my other camera on the side of the house is recording.  Both bought at the same time.  I am extremely unsatisfied with this.  I will never buy another arlo device as long as i live if this is the way they operate.  This wasn't the agreement when i bought it. I had my own 7 day revolving video storage on my local device.  I shouldn't have to get cloud storage if i don't want it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't have to subscribe - use a USB drive in your base or hub to record locally and then use the app to be able to view them.

jonathanelrod
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok that did work thank you. It just made no sense why the other camera would record then why does the doorbell require an additional step? Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't say what that other camera is but assuming it's a Pro 2 or older you have the free 7 day plan. Any newer camera requires a subscription for cloud recording as noted in the product documents.

LauraA21
Aspirant
Aspirant
100% agree bought it assuming it would work like the rest of the cameras (silly me for not reading the fine print) super disappointed and will no longer recommend Arlo to others. I now have to rely on another camera to record my front door that’s not as great angle so I can view what’s happening after the fact. Waste of money
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation