Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Slow to no video AVD1001-100NAS

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Donnaloy
Follower
Follower

AVD1001-100NAS Very disappointed with this doorbell video; all works great except the video.  I just installed the wired doorbell, 10DEC22, and Arlo upgraded their code on 9DEC22 - yippee Yi yeah!  The connection at the doorbell is strong, and speedtest.net  shows 10Gb/s up and 40Gb/s down ping was .01ms.   I have not had a decent video interaction with the wired doorbell video.  I think the server is stupidly slow before returning to my phone.  The lag is about 1 second for audio.  The video is stupidly slow or nonexistent and has to wait over a couple of minutes for it to show.   I bought this video doorbell base on ratings from google searches and find that these ratings on these doorbell responses need to consider the slow Servers... are they all located in China?  This doorbell is considered number one and latency is not rated!  When are they going to expand capability since most ratings are over two years ago?    I am now searching for a low-latency video doorbell and no one rates these as a key driver.  Yes it its fast on the door bell sound, yes I can speak to the person with a second or two delay; no video, though and if you get the circle of death the app will keep you connected for the person outside to hear you for a long time until you reboot your phone - unable to close the app unless the video totally up.  Recommend all to  STAY AWAY from this device until they get their servers and software up to snuff.  I am not happy.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you verified the signal strength/quality between the doorbell and router or hub, depending on how it's connected? Nearby 2.4GHz wireless devices can interfere with the signal and distance, objects in and on walls, house construction, etc. can reduce signal making things problematic. There's possible resolutions to this issue but we need to know more about your environment.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation