Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re add doorbell to subscription

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Carlb8271
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doorbell recently knocked offline, had to log in and reconnect etc. ever since I cannot access recordings, does not record and it appears that in my acct has no doorbell listed. Will not allow me to re add the doorbell in my acct.

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carlb8271 wrote:

Will not allow me to re add the doorbell in my acct.

Are you saying that it isn't listed at all (not on the main page, and not in the device list in settings)?

If so, are you sure you are using the primary account, and not a friend account?

Or are you saying it is on the device page, but not on the subscription list???

Carlb8271
Aspirant
Aspirant

The device is on the page and I’ve updated the subscription, everything seems to be as it should however, I’m still not seeing any recordings.

Another odd thing is in smart notifications no camera is present and will not let me add the doorbell.

Additionally I attempted to update the payment information but it will not allow me to add the new CVV code, the verification button is subdued even though all blocked are filled in with the correct information. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carlb8271 wrote:

The device is on the page and I’ve updated the subscription, everything seems to be as it should however, I’m still not seeing any recordings.

Maybe try moving the doorbell out of the subscription, and then moving it back in.

Carlb8271
Aspirant
Aspirant

Forgive me but how do I “move” it ?

I assume I drag and drop it but,  from where is it active on the page in order to complete that process ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carlb8271 wrote:

Forgive me but how do I “move” it ?

I assume I drag and drop it but,  from where is it active on the page in order to complete that process ?

Use a PC browser (my.arlo.com), and go to subscription->Arlo Secure->manage cameras.

Then drag the doorbell to  "no plan".  After that, drag it back.

Carlb8271
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did this and there is no camera to manage in that menu option nor an option to drag it anywhere.  Very frustrating setup.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carlb8271 wrote:

I did this and there is no camera to manage in that menu option nor an option to drag it anywhere.  Very frustrating setup.

Can you post a screenshot?

Also, is the doorbell in a trial subscription?

Carlb8271
Aspirant
Aspirant

No it’s not a trial subscription.

F5FB817A-1CBF-4040-8464-3EE56CE7675F.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carlb8271 wrote:

No it’s not a trial subscription.

Looks like the screen shot says "0 of 0 cameras participating" - are you using a friend account?

BTW, you might want to google how to take a screenshot on a PC - there are better ways than taking a photo of the display.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation