Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Protective film?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Chisolm
Aspirant
Aspirant
The top half of my video doorbell seems to have some protective covering on it. It got some scratches on it during installation, so I went to peel it off, thinking it was a film that came in packaging, but it is hard to peel. That makes me wonder if it's supposed to be there? If so, that's a horrible design, cause it has big scratches and looks TERRIBLE compared to the bottom half, which is all nice shiny black. What should I do?
11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Keep trying. There is a protective film applied for shipping and it should be removed. If you can't find a tab to start, just use fingernails to start lifting it up.

HomeBrewRunner
Tutor
Tutor

Were you ever able to get the film removed? Mine is the same way but it does not want to be removed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

These films can be a pain but definitely are removable.

Lmayer77
Initiate
Initiate
Were you ever able to remove that protective film or is that just part of it? I’m afraid the more I try to remove the worse it looks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There was originally a film that covered the whole face from the factory. If that's removed don't attempt to remove anything else - it's a cover for the PIR sensor.

mihen
Initiate
Initiate
I want to figure this out too. Can someone please confirm if there is a removable film on the top half of my video doorbell? I’ve scratched it up trying to remove.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You did read my reply just above yours, right?

HomeBrewRunner
Tutor
Tutor

You also contradicted yourself so there's that.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no contradiction in making sure that the film that covers the WHOLE face is removed vs. trying to remove a cover for the PIR sensor.

HomeBrewRunner
Tutor
Tutor

Based on the original post and the picture they attached you said the film was removable. Now you are saying the opposite. That's a contradiction.

mihen
Initiate
Initiate

@Chisolm I hadn't seen your picture originally.  We are in the exact same boat. Hopefully someone with an installed video doorbell can verify one way or another.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation