Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Protective film on upper part of Arlo Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Drink2mny
Follower
Follower
I just installed a new doorbell and after found that the upper part of the camera has scratches on it. I looked closer and it looks like there is another protective film. This looks horrible on a brand new doorbell,

Is this a protective film? Can it be removed?
6 REPLIES 6
jg524
Initiate
Initiate
This is so unfortunate! Nothing wrong with my doorbell other than it looks like crap now that I tried to remove what looks like a protective film off top half of doorbell. Like others have said, the top half is not shiny like bottom half of front cover and scratches WAY to easy. You can call it a PIR cover, but I call it poor design.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drink2mny,

Any protective film from the original packaging should be fairly obvious and very easily removed. The top portion of the doorbell does have a somewhat softer, more matte material relative to the bottom half. This should not be removed.

JamesC

Amoshpu
Initiate
Initiate

Such a crazy design. And I’m being polite. The top half is already in very poor condition. Can I get a replacement? 

Ashafaie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got mine. Top half looks like a protective film but it’s not. Very easily scratched. Very poor design. 

PCPR
Initiate
Initiate

I don't even know where to begin with how dumb this company is that they haven't noted this anywhere still. A simple change would make such a difference in how people receive their product. Idiots.

McMick
Initiate
Initiate

Agreed!!!  Poor design and now mine looks like crap also!  Wait to fail yet again Arlo!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation