Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Phone number change`

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
stevepeq
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't figure out how to change the phone number in my account, either via a web browser or the app on my phone. Previous posts are old, one goes back to 2015.  Firmware updated after installation

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Why are you wanting to do this?

You don't need to have phone number registered but can if you wish.

Go to profile - Two step verification - add another method.

stevepeq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Uh you might want to see Chap 5 p. 29 in the manual.  I entered it at some point in the setup process, but thanks to the incredibly unintuitive app and browser interface I can't figure out how to change it, hence my post.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stevepeq wrote:

Uh you might want to see Chap 5 p. 29 in the manual. 

Nothing there on entering your phone number.  FYI, it's nicer if you include a link to the manual (there are two video doorbell models).  I'm guessing you mean

Page 41 does talk about adding the phone number for 2 factor verification (which was already pointed out by @Streak2 above).  No other references to phone number.

The phone call should come through if the app is running on the phone.

stevepeq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good point on the manual link, tunnel vision on my part.  I think the phone number gets entered during the setup and registration process, but there should be an ability to change it and that is the point of my initial post.  There is no way I can see to change it, and I don't think the suggestion of Grant Access solves it.  I'll have to keep investigating - the manual does not match the functionality of the app so I'll try it from a web browser.  No change in my opinion that the software is unintuitive and leads to a tremendous waste of time.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stevepeq wrote:

I don't think the suggestion of Grant Access solves it.  

No one suggested Grant Access.

I don't recall ever entering the phone number when onboarding my two doorbells (though it has been quite a while).  I believe the app negotiates the call process, so if the app is running on the phone (and logged into your account) then your phone should ring when the doorbell is pressed.

@stevepeq wrote:

the manual does not match the functionality of the app

They are switching to a new user experience.  If you see "Feed" as an option in the app, then you have the new one.  If you see "Library" then you have the old one (which should be pretty close to the manual). 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation