Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

I have three Pro 3 cameras paired with my base unit.  I also have a video doorbell with is not paired.  The doorbell is armed all the times and the base is armed at night and away.  If I add the video doorbell to the base, can I have it armed all the time or will I have to arm it the same as the other cameras?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Regardless of whether paired to a base or your WiFi you can set it to be armed as you desire. With WiFi you get to do it as a single device. When paired with a base, you use modes and rules as well as the schedule to determine what's armed and when. Read the FAQs here about creating custom modes for full directions. You would have multiple modes with different numbers of cameras with rules in them. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. Then schedule the various modes in the schedule to automate the switching. To go past midnight, schedule from a starting time to 11:59PM and again from 12:00AM to your stopping time.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks.  I like the way it works now-easy and simple.  Did not want to change and pair doorbell unless I could separate the modes.  Will do a little reading. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation