Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice

I swapped out the Audio doorbell for the Video Doorbell.  Previously my wife and I would both be notified if someone rang the doorbell, now only I get notified.  All sharing is setup properly between the accounts.  What am I missing?  Why would audio doorbell work and now Video only rings one phone?

9 REPLIES 9
Wormhed79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Go into settings>grant access>click name>edit>click the device

worked for me...good luck!!

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks but i did state that sharing is enabled (granted access) and does not work. Not sure what else to try.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bmwdriver7175,

Check the permissions on the phone that is not receiving notifications to make sure push notifications are allowed from the Arlo mobile app. You might also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and make sure you have the latest version available from the app store.

JamesC

Wormhed79
Aspirant
Aspirant
I saw you have the “access granted”. Mine did as well, but it wasn’t working, so I clicked edit and I saw the doorbell wasn’t checked. The “access” is for the account, you also have to give permission on that specific device. It’s worth looking at if you haven’t already.
bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks I’ll check into that.
bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yup it’s checked, I do remember now that it wasn’t at first and I did check it. This is really odd? I have a second home where I also installed the video doorbell and both phones ring there
bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks but push notifications didn’t change, I changed doorbells not phones worked before installed video doorbell and now wife’s phone does not receive notifications
bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
Tried having wife log into a different account as the base station for her account she is logged into does not support the video doorbell but even that did not work. Really puzzled why the doorbell at one house rings both phones but at our other house it will not no matter what.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bmwdriver7175,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation