Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No video upon answering Arlo Wired Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nk47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hardware:  AVD1001Ar1.2

Firmware: 1.14.0.0_1189

Affects: iPhone 8 (iOS 15.6), Blackberry PRIV (Android 6, app ver 3.6.9), LG K500 (Android 11, app ver 3.6.9)

Video settings: 720x720 (minimum, though tried all), HDR and NightViz enabled (though tried with them disabled)

As many have reported, video does not work when answering a doorbell call, but I do see video when using the live mode. Since most of those cases ended with "call customer support," I'm at the end of the road with suggestions on the board.

I just bought this but cancelled the subscription to become familiar with the basic feature set (w/o subscription). I did not know cancelling the trial subscription would eliminate support, so I may have to repost on Amazon's Q&A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@nk47

You should have a live stream session after answering the doorbell call. It may be grey while loading, but should turn to a live stream feed after a small delay while loading. I will have a member of my team look in to this for you. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dannybear
Master
Master

You could try buying a subscription plan again to see if it fixes the two way video mode.

Reading the article below suggest you should have two way audio at least.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @nk47

Are you still experiencing this issue with your calls?

nk47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last i checked, yes. As a workaround, I enabled Silent mode and use Live View for video/audio.

I believe @Dannybear  may be correct saying that feature may only work with a subscription. Video worked on calls upon testing after installation, but not thereafter. I didnt plan on keeping the leash so I cancelled the trial on day one after the install

V/R

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@nk47

You should have a live stream session after answering the doorbell call. It may be grey while loading, but should turn to a live stream feed after a small delay while loading. I will have a member of my team look in to this for you. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

nk47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for looking into this.

Just tested (two sep times) the video call feature and:

* worked on both iPhone 8s (app ver 3.6.8) and Blackberry PRIV (app ver 3.6.9_28472)

* didnt work on LG K500 (app ver 3.6.9_28472). Gave it 2+ minutes to load (screenshot) but no dice.

Not sure what changed - all the settings and firmware (major.minor.rev) appear to be the same - but mostly resolved. Will continue testing from time to time.

Screenshot_20220917-133412.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, please keep me posted.

nk47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tested again and still works on the 2 iPhone 8s but not the LG K51. I also tried enabling all Arlo-app permissions on the LG K51 but no worky. 

The juice aint worth the squeeze for the LG. I think I prefer the silent mode now that I've tried that out.

Thanks again!

2022-09-20 10.44.27.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Would you like me to escalate the issue with your LG?

nk47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nah.

Thread summary:

#1 We confirmed doorbell-calls do not require a subscription (so I just unmarked @Dannybear's post as the solution to avoid misinforming).

#2 The hardware-chime + Silent Mode + Live View works across the board. 

#3 Not sure how or what changed, but it seemed to have resolved on its own for all but the LG phone, which isn't worth a round for target practice.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

No problem, let me know if you change your mind. It sounds like that phone may be limited by OS due to the model or something along those lines 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation