Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell unresponsive, does not recognize when someone or something is at the door

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EORP
Tutor
Tutor

Wired doorbell camera is unresponsive. Does not recognize anyone when armed. Was working fine until a few days ago when this issue started. Installed new around July and now when the trial is ending it is giving me connection issues. It detects motion less than half the time. I’ve tried restarting, resetting internet connection several times, and even tried adjusting the sensitivity and nothing seems to make a difference. Anyone have or had these issues?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where are you adjusting motion sensitivity? Has to be in the modes and rules for the camera, not the motion test.

EORP
Tutor
Tutor

Afternoon and thank you for replying.
Modes and rules of the camera? I’m not sure I understand that. I made the changes to sensitivity in the Arlo app > Doorbell > Settings>Device Utilities > Motion Detection Test

This is the only place I saw to adjust sensitivity. Please advise if there is elsewhere to adjust sensitivity. Thanks 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EORP wrote:

I made the changes to sensitivity in the Arlo app > Doorbell > Settings>Device Utilities > Motion Detection Test

Settings there only apply to the test.

@EORP wrote:

Modes and rules of the camera? I’m not sure I understand that.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

EORP
Tutor
Tutor

Ok thanks, that helps a little. I didn’t know that sensitivity settings were under those sections. I’ll experiment with those settings. Thanks again.

7FAE6400-A6A3-4700-AB1A-8D221C042BC5.jpeg

2F40826A-CB7B-4980-BD95-8BF6ADF28090.jpeg

Still having an issue with camera not playing back from the devices page. See pictures. When you tap play, it says connecting but doesn’t actually play live video. This camera is the closest to my WiFi router/modem. All other cameras playback live video just fine

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation