Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
3v3ntH0riz0n
Apprentice
Apprentice

Old RING Doorbell was no longer charging (wired) saw wirecutter recommended this DB.  Ordered, installed, as soon as I installed, notifications happening constantly while I was completing setup.  Few minutes later, stopped.  Open a ticket, they tell me to remove the app, then add it back, nothing.  Reset the doorbell in the app, nothing, reset the doorbell (take it off, press a button in the back), nothing. At this point, since I bought from amazon, I just requested a new one.  New one comes, same thing, install, notifications going off left and right, I was happy.  As soon as it's done, firmware update, walk around, nothing.  No notifications.  Then I'm walking around the block and I get a notification that someone pressed the doorbell, not no motion notifications.

I don't understand why the notifications work just as you complete set up then stop. I saw others complaining about this on Amazon reviews.  Any work arounds or do I need to go back to RING?

Oh and that "add a user" feature, I added my son, he dowloaded the app, after accepting the invite, went to his devices (I gave him access to everything), nothing showed up in his app.  But when the person rang the doorbell he got a notification about it.  Does anyone have this sharing feature working?

//shutdown -h now
8 REPLIES 8
3v3ntH0riz0n
Apprentice
Apprentice

Got the Ring Pro 2, installed, and immediately got notifications.  If this Arlo camera works for you, great, if not I recommend Ring Pro 2.  Amazon has a trade in option right now, 20% off.  Got it for $140.   Cheaper then my original Ring Video Doorbell which cost $149 back in the day.

Arlo, you all need to figure out the notification issues on IOS, it's a deal breaker.

//shutdown -h now
Thermopylae36
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m experiencing the same issue. No notifications on iOS, but when I sign in on my wife’s android, I get notifications. Also can’t invite her correctly to my account. When she receives the invite, no devices are visible in her account. Things were working before iOS 16, but I think something really threw off the system with that update. Have opened a support ticket, but no luck with that yet. Anyone else having this issue or any luck with a fix?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @3v3ntH0riz0n

Are you still experiencing the issue with receiving notifications?

I also know what is causing the granted access account issue and I'll be happy to assist. 

Thanks 

3v3ntH0riz0n
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried two, both had the notification issue which means it’s software. I returned. 

//shutdown -h now
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update, the community team will be here if you ever have any questions. 

Enjoy the Holidays

Thermopylae36
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne,

I am still experiencing these issues and would be happy if you could help. My support case has been active for at least 10 days and hasn’t resulted in anything. I called tech support and they’re supposed to get back to me. The answer they gave for the grant access was that the person I was granting it to had a different version of the app. However, they have the same version number (4.0.2). Does the issue have to deal with the “Feed” vs. “Library” option in the app? Mine shows a Library page but my wife’s shows a Feed page. 

With the notification issue, I’ve realized if I sign in on my wife’s phone as me that both her and my phones receive the notifications correctly, but when I sign out on her phone, mine stops receiving notifications even though I’m still signed in on it. 

Is this a known issue with iPhones for Arlo right now? Or as I said earlier, is it something about the difference in the apps where one shows Feed and the other shows Library?  Is Arlo transitioning from one version to the other? I’ve just started as an Arlo customer so I’ve not known the system long enough to know. The reason I ask is I want to make sure my experience with Arlo is going to be more stable in the future. If this is a normal thing for Arlo, I’m going to need to look elsewhere. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The switch to the new UX is going to be an issue for a while until everyone is on the same thing and bugs have been swatted.

New accounts automatically get the new UX while existing ones don't until you add a security system or Pro 5. You should be able to force yours by adding a new device and select either of those (just lie) to have the migration occur and then cancel out of the installation. That brings up a whole new issue of needing to not only get used to the new UX but also the need to recreate your modes into the 3 new ones available. Here's a basic overview:

The new interface doesn't import old modes, partly because there's only 3 available and you can't add new ones. Go to Routines, click on the 3 dot menu icon top right and then the gear on any mode. Add cameras and actions as needed. Click on Done when all modes are correct. If you need to schedule or set up geofencing, select Automations instead of Modes and add as needed. Note that for GF you need to set up one for leaving the house and one for coming back.

Thermopylae36
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat, you just solved all of the issues I’ve been having. The new user interface isn’t a problem for me and I didn’t have any complex modes set up in the old interface so it wasn’t hard to get it running. Thank you so much for your help! 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation